Heritage Portfolio| The Pugin Collection
These pendants are based on the designs of Augustus Welby Pugin, who became the ‘High Priest’ of the Victorian gothic revival in the 19th century. Pugin collaborated with Sir Charles Barry on detailing the Houses of Parliament after the fire of 1834. Many years later, Dernier & Hamlyn were called on to restore the original fittings and to replicate those that were beyond repair. These can now be seen in the peers’ guest room. Reproduction fittings have also been manufactured for the Lord Chancellor’s residence.